The Michelin Guide will kick off an updated series of star-showered editions from September 21, with its first guide to the finest dining options in the Chinese city of Shanghai. The famous French firm has given AFP Relaxnews the full release schedule for its upcoming guides.
Great Britain & Ireland will be the first European nations to have their Michelin-starred establishments for 2017 revealed. The Switzerland edition, landing October 3, will also decide the fate of the Restaurant de Hôtel de Ville de Crissier, following the death of its triple-starred chef Benoît Violier.
Fall takes Michelin to the USA too, where French chef Dominique Crenn, based in San Francisco, will no doubt be in the spotlight after being named World’s Best Female Chef 2016.
The Seoul edition is without a doubt one of the most eagerly awaited Michelin Guides this season, due out November 7, as the firm’s first foray into the South Korean restaurant scene. This first guide focuses on the country’s capital and will be available in English and Korean.
The Brazil edition concludes the star-filled line-up, scheduled for release April 26, 2017.
Note that the release date for the updated Michelin Guide France has not yet been announced.
Micheline Guide release dates 2016-2017
- Shanghai – Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Great Britain & Ireland – Monday, October 3, 2016
- Switzerland – Wednesday, October 5, 2016
- Washington – Thursday, October 13, 2016
- San Francisco – Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- Chicago – Wednesday, November 2, 2016
- Seoul – Monday, November 7, 2016
- Hong Kong – Wednesday, November 9, 2016
- Italy – Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- New York – Thursday, November 17, 2016
- Belgium & Luxembourg – Monday, November 21, 2016
- Spain – Wednesday, November 23, 2016
- Tokyo – Monday, November 28, 2016
- Germany – Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Netherlands – Monday, December 12, 2016
- Nordic Cities – Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Europe – Monday, March 7, 2016
- Brazil – Wednesday, April 26, 2017