According to National Geographic, five of the top 10 chocolatiers hail from the US, while premium Swiss brand Teuscher owns bragging rights to being the world’s master chocolatier.
In its list of Top 10 Best Chocolatiers in the World, National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel reveals its picks for chocolate makers who produce things like “…a single-source dark chocolate bar, a cream or liqueur-filled bonbon, a praline, fruit dipped in chocolate, a truffle, fudge, or some other sinfully delicious treat.”
Topping the list is Swiss chocolate maker Teuscher with a tradition that spans more than 70 years, and which today has locations across the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and the Caribbean.
The chocolate maker creates more than a hundred varieties and products contain no chemicals, additives or preservatives.
Notably missing from the list, meanwhile, are chocolate houses such as Neuhaus from Belgium, which has been making chocolate since 1857, Parisian chocolate maker Michel Cluizel, and Italian chocolate maker Amedei.
Here are the top 10 chocolatiers
1. Teuscher – Zurich
2. Vosges Haut-Chocolat – Chicago
3. Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker – Berkeley, California
4. Jacques Torres Chocolate – New York
5. Norman Love Confections – Ft. Myers, Florida
6. Valrhona – Tain-l’Hermitage, France
7. Godiva – Brussels
8. Richard Donnelly Fine Chocolates-Santa Cruz, California
9. Richart – Paris
10. Puccini Bomboni – Amsterdam