Some of the world’s most prestigious yachts were on display at the recent Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 and among them was the Sanlorenzo SX88, emerging as crème de la crème when the World Yacht Trophies 2017 recognised the revolutionary crossover yacht as the best of the best, awarding the Sanlorenzo SX88 with the “most avant-garde yacht” trophy.
An innovative 27 meter yacht in its technical and environmental solutions, the SX88 is a sophisticated crossover yacht designed and built by Sanlorenzo, with superlative exterior and interior construction that the international committee responsible for choosing nominees and recipients of the World Yacht Trophies 2017 created a specific category to include all her technologically superior features. Given that it is the first of its category (and the SX88 being the benchmark at that), there can be no doubt that the Sanlorenzo SX88 is worthy of the “most avant-garde yacht” award.
The crossover yacht is home to a series of yacht design “Firsts” by Sanlorenzo, while it is common to deem many new boats and products as revolutionary, how many actually meet technical, material, architectural and boat construction definitions which the press release rightfully called, “Copernican”. Here’s a run down of some of the distinguished features which make the “most avant-garde” Sanlorenzo SX88 original and innovative:
- Grp hull and carbon fibre superstructure
- Semi-displacement hull tested in the Wageningen (Holland) tank test to optimize the performances in the different speed range, up to 23 knots
- Open stern to fulfil the different functions of garage, beach club, and sport activity area
- Two main deck layouts: open space or owner’s cabin
- One steering position on flybridge, that can be closed and air-conditioned
- Advanced building process made on the open hull
- Highest environment sustainability attention thanks to the use of low impact materials and process.
Sanlorenzo SX88 has departed Cannes and will be exhibited at the Genoa International Boat Show from 21 to 26 September 2017.