Powered by an LS3 V8 engine, this 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe by County Corvette and gorgeously shot by @Autochromica is just about the most amazing vintage custom sports car that one can find in the world. As vintage car lovers might know, the Chevrolet Corvette (C2), affectionately nicknamed Corvette Sting Ray is the second generation of the Corvette sports car series.
The first-ever series production Corvette coupe was designed as a futuristic fastback, that is to say – a car body style whose roofline slopes continuously down to the rear. More importantly, the Chevrolet Corvette Coupe sported an unusual styling element for the era – a divided rear window, a design element originally conceived by Bob McLean for the Q-model.
For its third season, the 1965 Corvette Coupe Sting Ray eliminated the extraneous aesthetic elements giving the car cleaner lines style-wise – eschewing scoop indentions for a smoothed out hood and a new trio of vertical exhaust vents in the front fenders in place of decorative horizontal “speedlines”, the 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe hit a new peak stylistically but beneath the hood, the Chevrolet Corvette was muscled up with bigger power plants and an all new braking system, County Corvette takes this a step further:
Custom Corvette Coupe performance Mods
- GM Performance LS3 with Hot Cam and Professional Performance Tune
- Tremec 5-Speed Transmission
- Viper Rear Differential
- Street Shop Chassis with C6 Z06 Suspension
- Wilwood Brake System with Hydro Boost Hydraulic System
- QA1 Aluminum Single Adjustable Coilovers, HyperCo Springs and QA1 Shocks
Corvette Coupe Aesthetic mods
This started out as a blue 1965 Stingray – after two years’ work, no detail was overlooked in this complete customisation.
- Custom House of Kolors Paint Job with Custom Offset Stripe
- 67 Big Block Front End, Stinger Hood and Tail Light Panel
- Custom Widened Quarter Panels
- Tubbed and Modified Interior Rear Compartment
- Fully Restored and Polished Stainless Windshield & Rear Glass Trim
- Rechromed Bumpers
- New Headlights and Bulbs
- LED Taillights
While some of these performance and aesthetic modifications might be offensive to purist vintage car owners, it is hard to deny that upgrades by County Corvette greatly extend the lifespan and reduce the service schedules of such a venerable model and design icon.
Visit www.countycorvette.com and drop them an email if you’re interested.