Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro at Copenhagen Airport in Denmark has beat star-powered, Michelin-ranked chefs like Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay to be named the world’s best airport restaurant.
Le Sommelier is described as the big brother and airport outpost of the city’s downtown location, which serves classic French dishes like Mallard duck and black currant sauce, bouillabaisse, moules marinières and creme brulee.
Globetrotting editors judged the restaurants based on cuisine, style, decor and service.
The list is dominated by US airport restaurants and is a mix of high-end fine dining restaurants and gourmet fast food joints like Shake Shack at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York and Salt Lick BBQ at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Editors also placed high importance on local, fresh, sustainable foods — an emerging trend at airports around the world — as the Napa Farms Market in San Francisco placed fourth on the list.
Here are the Top 10 airport restaurants in the world, according to The Daily Meal:
1. Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro (Copenhagen Airport)
2. Porta Gaig (El Prat del Llobregat, Barcelona)
3. Salt Lick BBQ (Austin-Bergstrom International Airport)
4. Napa Farms Market (San Francisco International Airport)
5. Tortas Frontera (Chicago O’Hare International Airport)
6. Bubbles Seafood & Wine Bar (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol)
7. Uptown Brasserie (John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York City)
8. Obrycki’s (Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport)
9. Encounter (Los Angeles International Airport)
10. Crust (LaGuardia Airport, New York City)
For more, visit www.thedailymeal.com.