It’s a bold claim. But a new report from TripAdvisor claims to have found the best burger joint in the US, located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
MCDONALD’S JAPAN CHARGES $10 FOR TRUFFLE BURGER
After weighing the quantity, quality and ratio of reviews on burger joints in the US over the last 18 months, TripAdvisor gave Hops Burger Bar bragging rights to call themselves the best burger restaurant in America.
With a 4.5 out of 5-bubble rating from 176 reviews, the Greensboro institution was hailed for their hand-pressed Angus burgers, cooked on a flat-top and topped with brioche buns.
Burgers at Hops include the North Carolinian, made with Applewood bacon, fried green tomato, fried egg, and pimento cheese and the Spicy Goat, made with sweet and spicy jelly and goat cheese, bacon and lettuce.
Interestingly, while the list is well-represented by middle-America and the Eastern seaboard, it is conspicuously absent of offerings from the West Coast and urban food lands like New York and San Francisco.
America’s 10 Most Delectable Burger Joints
1. Hops Burger Bar, Greensboro, North Carolina
2. Black Hills Burger and Bun Co., Custer, South Dakota
3. Nic’s Grill, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4. Billy Bob Dairyland, Branson, Missouri
5. Stock and Barrel, Knoxville, Tennessee
6. Coyote Bluff Cafe, Amarillo, Texas
7. Melt Gourmet Cheeseburgers, Leesburg, Virginia
8. Village Burger, Waimea, Hawaii
9. Brook’s Gourmet Burgers and Dogs, Naples, Florida
10. MacPhail’s Burger, Jackson, Wyoming